HOURS OF WORK
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- Provide triage support service for our client who are managing detainees in UK Courts custody suites.
- Accurately document triage consultation notes in a timely fashion within the Pharos platform, to allow for suitable clinical guidance and intervention.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and support to the paramedic/Nurse team and assist other colleagues in the business as required.
- Provide input into complex jobs/ conference calls with key client stakeholders to ensure that clinically lead proactive solutions are offered to support the mission goals. At all times ensure that the medical welfare of the service user and good clinical practice are at the forefront of all decision making.
- Adhere to and implement CQC and local policies and procedures whilst working within the HCPC/ NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
E: Essential D: Desirable
- Minimum 5 years post qualification as a paramedic or nurse (E)
- Evidence of experience within a clinical triage setting (E)
- Evidence of consolidating post qualification practice (E)
- Remote/ telephone triage experience (D)
- Good I.T. skills (E)
- Ability to speak fluent English (E)
- Ability to speak languages other than English (D)
- Full driving licence and own transport (E)
- Smart, professional appearance and conduct (E)
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Current registration with HCPC or NMC
- Either I.H.C.D. Dip Para or adult nursing.
- Clinical leadership/management qualification
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work actively within a team, but to work without supervision whenever necessary.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Self- motivating with the ability to prioritise workload.
- Clear and concise communication skills, in particular when interacting with patients and third parties.
- Attention to detail and the ability to record information accurately.
- Ability to identify and manage signs and symptoms of a deteriorating patient.
- Ability to influence a clinical situation remotely.
- Ability to make appropriate and informed decisions quickly.
- Ability to remain calm and professional in a busy working environment.