MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB: (JOB SUMMARY)
To undertake medical escort duties ensuring the health and wellbeing of persons in various locations and settings. Working closely in conjunction with security officers. As a Paramedic you will be expected to adhere to JRCALC guidelines and work within the HCPC registration and scope of practice.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To maintain an up to date and accurate record of your availability via our online system.
- To respond to assigned tasks via our online system in a timely manner.
- To maintain good communication and relations with the IPRS Aeromed Operations and the Clinical Manager.
- To ensure your kit and drugs are in date and are satisfactory prior to commencement of duties. And to ensure all items used follow the appropriate auditable trail and documentation.
- To receive a clinical handover from the treating clinician and make appropriate judgements regarding ongoing care.
- To measure and record baseline observations upon making contact with the individual and at appropriate intervals thereafter.
- To act upon their clinical needs by whatever means judged necessary.
- To actively promote the wellbeing of your patient through regular medication as prescribed.
- To treat the individual autonomously in the event of unexpected/unforeseen acute episodes.
- To maintain clinical objectivity at all times, with the patient’s wellbeing in mind.
- To produce accurate medical notes primarily to ensure the provision of ongoing care but also for clinical audit purposes.
- Submit all administrative paperwork and invoices in line with company procedure.
GENERAL / ADDITIONAL DUTIES:
- Respond to requests by the crew in the event of a medical emergency on the aircraft.
- Brief the Team Leader in the event of deterioration of your patient(s).
- Undertake any other delegated duties considered appropriate to the role. These include ambulance transfers, triage services, “Fit to Fly” assessments, teaching sessions and responding to our clients needs within the UK.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
E Essential D Desirable
- Min 3 – 5 years post qualification as a HCPC paramedic
- Basic I.T. skills (E)
- Ability to speak fluent English (E)
- Ability to speak languages other than English (D)
- Full driving licence and own reliable transport (E)
- Smart, professional appearance and conduct (E)
- Teaching or management qualification (D)
- Knowledge and understanding of JESIP (D)
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Current registration with HCPC – with no investigations/suspensions current or pending
- Either I.H.C.D. or HE Para.
- Able to demonstrate Continuous Professional Development and ALS competencies
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work actively within a team, but to work without supervision whenever necessary.
- Ability to identify and correct signs and symptoms of a deteriorating patient.
- Clear and concise communication skills, in particular when interacting with a patient.
- Attention to detail and the ability to record information accurately.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions quickly.
- Ability to remain calm and professional if an individual becomes disruptive/aggressive.