HOURS OF WORK
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To undertake medical duties ensuring the health and wellbeing of persons being held within the UK by Immigration Enforcement/Border Force Officers. Working closely in conjunction with security officers contracted to the Home Office. As an Ambulance Care Assistants (ACA), Emergency Care Assistants (ECA) and Health Care Assistants (HCA) you will be expected to adhere to JRCALC guidelines and work within your scope of practice to assist the Health Care Professionals (HCP) on site.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
E: Essential D: Desirable
- Minimum 3 years post qualification (Prehospital or Emergency Department)
- Basic I.T. skills (E)
- Ability to speak fluent English (E)
- Ability to speak languages other than English (D)
- Full driving license and own reliable transport (E)
- Smart, professional appearance and conduct (E)
- Knowledge and understanding of JESIP (D)
- Main role duties:
- To maintain an up to date and accurate record of your availability via our online system.
- To respond to assigned tasks via our online system in a timely manner.
- To maintain good communication and relations with the IPRS Aeromed Operations and the Clinical Manager.
- To ensure your kit and drugs are in date and are satisfactory prior to commencement of duties. And to ensure all
items used follow the appropriate auditable trail and documentation.
- To measure and record baseline observations upon making contact with the individual and at appropriate
- To act upon their clinical needs by whatever means judged necessary.
- To actively promote the wellbeing of your patient through regular medication as prescribed.
- To maintain clinical objectivity at all times, with the patient’s wellbeing in mind.
- To produce accurate medical notes primarily to ensure the provision of ongoing care but also for clinical audit
- To ensure the medical welfare of colleagues in the security team is maintained at all times.
- Submit all administrative paperwork and invoices in line with company procedure.
General / additional duties:
- Respond to requests by other stakeholders in the event of a medical emergency on the site.
- Brief the Team Leader/HCP in the event of deterioration of your patient(s).
- Undertake any other delegated duties considered appropriate to the role. These include ambulance transfers and responding to our clients’ needs within the UK.
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- FREC 3 / First Aid at work certificate (or equivalent)
- Able to demonstrate Continuous Professional Development and BLS/ILS competencies
- Provide proof of your covid and childhood vaccination status
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work actively within a team, but to work without supervision whenever necessary.
- Ability to identify and correct signs and symptoms of a deteriorating patient.
- Clear and concise communication skills, in particular when interacting with a patient.
- Attention to detail and the ability to record information accurately.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions quickly.
- Ability to remain calm and professional if an individual becomes disruptive/aggressive.